Networking: How to Do It
Regular price $18.00
Networking: A Guide to How to Do It is an ebook designed for anyone who wants to get on and "network" but isn't sure how to get started.
- Why networking is important (and expected)
- How to build your network
- Practical tips for "doing" networking, inside and outside your own organisation
- How to make the best use of networking opportunities at conferences and events
- A 42-page ebook packed with strategies to help you feel more confident networking at work with colleagues and when meeting strangers.
- A crib sheet of 28 small talk conversation starters to use with people you've just met
- Access to a webinar recording on how to network for professional development AND the slide deck from this session (.pdf)
About the Author
Elizabeth Harrin, MA, FAPM, MBCS is the award-winning blogger behind Rebel’s Guide to Project Management (formerly GirlsGuideToPM.com), a blog aimed at helping teams get work done. She is widely published on project management topics and has contributed to numerous websites and magazines. She’s also the author of 5 traditionally-published books and a number of ebooks.
As a manager with over 15 years’ experience, she shares her hard-won knowledge of the strategies that work for organizing tasks, getting projects done, and succeeding personally in the business environment.
Elizabeth is a Fellow of the Association for Project Management and a member of PMI. She holds degrees from the University of York and Roehampton University.
You can find Elizabeth online at rebelsguidetopm.com.
This is a digital download (.zip file). No products will be shipped.
All the ebooks, templates, checklists and bundles are digital files.
I'm unable to provide technical help, due to the variation between different IT systems.
Training courses are provided via the Teachery platform. You will get an email with your login details. If you do not receive them, please get in touch and let me know - I will make sure you have access to the course materials.
Here are some instructions that may help you access the ebook and template files if you are having trouble.
Are you trying to download on a mobile device like a phone or iPad? Most mobile devices will not let you open a .zip file, or download via a link. Please try to access the files via a desktop/laptop computer.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Right click
- Choose 'Extract all'
- Select a destination for your files (Browse to where you want them to be saved)
- Click Extract
- Navigate to where you saved the files to open them.
If you want to access the files on your mobile device, you can add them to iCloud or Dropbox so they are shared across your devices.
How to read a PDF file:
Your computer may already have Adobe Reader installed on it (most do). On an iPad, you can open a PDF file in iBooks.
If you don't have software on your device that can read a PDF file, pleaase install one. Adobe Reader is the most common software (it's free).
How to find your files:
This has happened to me multiple times: I download something and then can't find it on my computer! Check the Downloads folder (under My Computer). Or use Explorer to search for the name of the file you just downloaded. Sometimes you can also see the file in your browser download history.
Read the terms and licensing related to how you can use the templates and files.